How To Go Facebook Live With Another Person (Without Any Additional Streaming Program)
Friday, April 24th, Mark Zuckerberg announced Facebook is bringing back Live With on Facebook. Live With is a built-in co-broadcasting feature for Facebook Live that lets you invite another person into your live broadcast.
While this is great news for basic Facebook lives, there is still a limit to adding only one other user to the video at a time. For streams that will have less than 50 attendees, a Messenger Room might be the better option as you can display up to 50 people at a time.
Related: How to use Facebook Messenger Rooms
For users with a Facebook Fan Page, there is an additional limit: Pages can only go Live With a profile, they cannot add another Page to their live stream. This is a HUGE missed opportunity for a massive live stream with two notable pages like a radio station with an artist or a media outlet with a celebrity.
HOW TO GO FACEBOOK LIVE WITH ANOTHER PERSON OR PAGE?
As the host, you can select a guest to go Live With during a mobile live broadcast from your Page or profile:
- Tap the ‘Live’ icon at the top of News Feed of your profile or Page
- Tap the ‘Live With’ icon at the bottom of the screen
- Select the person you want to invite from the list of viewers and tap ‘Add’
Things to note:
• The host can add or remove their guest from the live broadcast at any time. Guests can remove themselves from the live broadcast at any time.
• As with all content on Facebook, Live With broadcasts are subject to the same Community Standards as Facebook Live videos.
Live With on Facebook will begin rolling out today (April 24, 2020) and launch globally in the coming days. Facebook alluded to even more features in the coming weeks to make the experience “more interactive.”