This Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Fried Chicken recipe is sure to be a fan favorite the next time you have friends over!
Did I mention it is easy to make! No measuring cups needed here.
Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Fried Chicken Ingredients:
- Bag of Flamin Hot Cheetos
How to cook Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Fried Chicken:
Place chicken into a glass bowl.
Pour buttermilk over chicken until fully coated. For a spicier taste, sprinkle chicken with cayenne pepper or hot sauce before coating in buttermilk.
Let chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 8 hours.
Crush Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. This can be done by one of the three following ways:
- Place in a bag and roll with a rolling pin or a bottle of wine 🙂
- By using a food processor.
- By using a blender.
Pour crushed Flamin’ Hot Cheetos on a plate.
Pour out buttermilk and rinse the chicken.
Coat both sides of the chicken in the crushed Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.
Heat oil or warm up the oven. Obviously the oven method is slightly more healthy. Your call.
- If you are frying the chicken, heat oil in deep fryer to 325F.
- Cook time depends on the size of the chicken. Typically the chicken will float to the top of oil when finished*
- If you are baking, preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook time should run 25-35 minutes depending on the size of the chicken*
*Cook until internal temperature is 165 degrees F.