Chicken and Cheese Egg Roll Ingredients
- 1/2 pound chicken, cooked and shredded or minced (chopped up)
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped fine (I used a mixture of red, green and orange)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg, beaten (if you wish, you can use water, but it doesn’t always hold)
- oil, for deep frying
Also, feel free to replace chicken or add any other meat and/or veggies to the mix. More traditional egg roll recipes call for adding pork. Have fun with it!
Chicken Egg Rolls Instructions:
- Combine chicken, peppers, onions, cheese and garlic in large bowl.
- Place egg roll wraps as a diamond on your working surface. I personally prefer to do one at a time.
- Add about 3-4 tablespoons of shrimp mixture to each egg roll wrapper. Place mixture slightly off center, closer to the corner pointing towards you.
- Brush wrap edges with egg.
- Fold the shorter side of the wrapper in (the side pointing towards you) completely over the mixture.
- Fold over both sides of the wrapper that run in the other direction.
- Then start folding, which at this point will feel more link rolling, away from you to the other corner of the wrap.
- To tightly seal, brush over the corner with the egg mixture.
- Heat oil in your deep pan to 350ºF. I typically pour about an inch of oil in the pan.
- Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, until skins are crisp and golden brown, turning rolls as they brown.
- Drain egg rolls on paper towels to get rid of excess oil and serve immediately