Pizza Pop-Tart Ingredients
- 1 Pillsbury Dough Sheet
- 1 cups pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. (I prefer to use mozzarella)
- Pizza toppings. Mini pepperoni was used in the video.
- 1-2 tsp oregano
- 2-3 tsp flour for dusting prep area
Pizza Pop-Tart Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a large cooking sheet with foil. Grease or spray cooking sheet and set aside.
- Lightly flour your prep surface and roll out your dough.
- Using your pizza cutter lengthwise, make a cut every 3”
- Take your pizza cutter again and cut each strip in half (at the 6” mark) giving you 10-12 squares.
- Place half of the rectangles onto your working surface leaving 1” space in between. If need be use 2 trays. These are your bottoms, the rest are the tops.
- Spoon a little marinara sauce in the middle of the bottom rectangles and slowly spread out.
- Sprinkle cheese as well as toppings over sauce. You want to keep all of the toppings and sauce about 1/2” from the edge of the dough.
- Taking one of your tops, place it on top of your filled bottom. Use the tips of your fingers and gently press the edges together all the way around.
- Using a fork (it may help to dip it in flour to prevent sticking), crimp the edges all the way around the rectangle sealing it. Repeat this until 6 hand pies are made.
- Feel free to take your pastry brush or spoon, dip it back in the marinara and brush over the top of the pop-tart and add additional cheese and toppings, like a pizza.
- Take a toothpick or your fork and poke a few holes in the top of the dough to help eliminate air pockets from forming while baking.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and feels firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute before serving.
- (Optional) Sprinkle the tops with a pinch of oregano.