Many kitchen challenged people when asked about their cooking skills typically joke about their go to skill of being able to boil water. Great thing about this Omelet In A Bag recipe, boiling water is the only thing you need to know how to do!
Suggested Ham and Cheddar Omelet In A Bag Ingredients
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hand full of peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- For topping the finished omelet:
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Spoon of sour cream
Note: Feel free to customize ingredients as these are only suggested.
Omelet In A Bag Instructions
- Crack the eggs into a large resealable freezer bag. As you can see in the video, I put the bag in a large cup and fold the zipper portion over the edge of the cup.
- Press out most of the air, and seal. Squeeze to beat the eggs. Open the bag, and add ham, shredded cheddar cheese and peppers.
- Squeeze out as much of the air as you can and seal the bag. As you can see in the video I push the egg mixture to the bottom of the bag and then roll the bag around to help hold the shape of the omelet.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place bag in pot.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes. If you use three eggs lean more towards 15 minute cook time.
- Once finished. Pull bag out of the water with tongs.
- Open the bag, and let the omelet roll out onto a plate. The omelet should roll out easily. If it doesn’t it isn’t done cooking.
- Top omelet with salsa and sour cream